Histrionic Personality Disorder Treatment Specialist in O’Fallon MO
Histrionic personality disorder is a type of personality disorder that is primarily characterized by attention-seeking behavior. There is help for histrionic personality. Professional support from a Farah Shaddix at Reliable Mental Health can lead to improvement. See our operating hours to book an online consultation today. Serving O’Fallon MO, and surrounding areas!
Table of Contents:
What is a histrionic personality disorder?
What are the signs and symptoms of histrionic personality disorder?
What causes histrionic personality disorder?
Who does histrionic personality disorder affect?
Who is a candidate for histrionic personality disorder treatment?
We specialize in histrionic personality disorder screening. If you think you may be in need of treatment for histrionic personality disorder, take advantage of our histrionic personality disorder screening from the comfort of your own environment. Because we offer all of our services via telehealth, there’s never been a more private way to take advantage of great treatment options.
A histrionic personality disorder is a known mental health condition that shows symptoms of unstable, intense emotions and a distorted self-image. Histrionic is also known for being dramatic, for people who have been diagnosed with histrionic personality disorder, the personality will depend on the approval of others, and unfortunately, it doesn’t come from your true feeling of self-worth. Often individuals who have histrionic personality disorder will have an overwhelming desire to be noticed and often behave inappropriately or dramatically to get more attention.
If you have a histrionic personality disorder, you often don’t even realize your behavior and way of thinking are problematic. This particular personality disorder is grouped into a group of conditions called “Cluster B” personality disorders, which involve erratic or dramatic behavior.
The main and most noticeable signs and symptoms of histrionic personality disorders are the superficial and excessive emotional and sexual attention that individuals who have histrionic personality disorders display. Other signs and symptoms include:
• Feeling underappreciated, and depressed, particularly when they are not the center of attention
• Rapidly shifting and quite shallow emotions
• Extreme emotions and quite dramatic, to the point it often will cause embarrassment to family and friends when out in public
• Larger than-life presence
• Overly concerned with their appearance
• Often will use their appearance to draw attention to themselves, mainly by wearing revealing or bright-colored clothing
• Acting inappropriately to others often in a sexual nature, particularly to those they just met, or to people they aren’t even sexually attracted too
• Speak theatrically and express strong opinions about the few facts or details supporting their opinions
• Trying to act gullible or easily influenced by others, particularly by people they admire
• Difficulty maintaining relationships with others, as they often will seem like they are shallow or face with their interactions with others
• The need for instant gratification or often become easily frustrated or bored
• Constantly seeking out approval or reassurance
There have been many studies around histrionic personality disorder and what causes some to have this personality disorder, or what has led to the development of it, a few identifying factors include:
Often will run in families, and researchers believe there is an inherited link.
• Childhood trauma
Children who cope with trauma including a death of a family member, or child abuse will later on as an adult, become disruptive or problematic in life, and it becomes a part of their personality.
• Parenting styles
Children who experience particular parenting styles which include over-indulgent, lack of boundaries, or inconsistent parenting will be more likely to develop a histrionic personality disorder. As well, parents who display volatile, inappropriate sexual behavior, and dramatic or erratic behavior are putting their children at risk of developing a histrionic personality disorder.
Histrionic personality disorder usually occurs in your late teens, or early 20s, as well individuals who are assigned female at birth will be more commonly diagnosed with this personality disorder, than males.
We provide histrionic personality disorder online treatment to adults in the great state of Missouri. Typical signs of histrionic personality disorder include:
• Be uncomfortable unless the center of attention.
• Dress provocatively and/or exhibit inappropriately seductive or flirtatious behavior.
• Shift emotions rapidly.
• Act very dramatically, as though performing before an audience, with exaggerated emotions and expressions, yet appears to lack sincerity.
• Be overly concerned with physical appearance.
• Constantly seek reassurance or approval.
• Be gullible and easily influenced by others.
• Be excessively sensitive to criticism or disapproval.
• Have a low tolerance for frustration and be easily bored by routine, often beginning projects without finishing them or skipping from one event to another.
• Not think before acting.
• Be self-centered and rarely show concern for others.
• Have difficulty maintaining relationships, often seeming fake or shallow in their dealings with others.
• Threaten or attempt suicide to get attention.
We provide a wide array of mental health service treatments. Whether you are diagnosed with histrionic personality disorder or simply would benefit from talking to an expert about your life, Reliable Mental Health Services has you covered. We serve patients from O’Fallon MO, Osage Beach MO, Kansas City MO, Springfield, MO, Chesterfield MO, St. Louis MO, St. Charles MO, St. Peters MO, Wentzville MO, and surrounding areas!