Telepsychiatry Specialist in O’Fallon, MO
Experience the convenient, affordable and customized therapy from the comfort of your home by Farah Shaddix at Reliable Mental Health Services. See our operating hours to book a consultation. Serving O’Fallon MO, and surrounding areas!
Table of Contents:
Mental health is incredibly important, but unfortunately, when people are experiencing psychiatric problems, many do not know where to go. This often leads to undiagnosed and untreated mental health conditions, which can worsen if not addressed appropriately. Thankfully, telepsychiatry clinics are becoming more popular, as the health services provided by psychiatrists can be offered via the internet just as effectively as an in-person visit.
Telepsychiatry is a new type of psychiatric care delivered through the internet instead of in person. It can be used to provide medication management and other types of therapy to patients who are unable to visit an office, or who live in a remote area and cannot find a provider. It is delivered over the internet via videoconferencing, and the patient and doctor can communicate in the same way they would over the phone. Telepsychiatry can be used to deliver a range of specialty psychiatry services, including diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health disorders, medication management, and clinical consultation.
Yes, telepsychiatry is an effective way to receive essential psychiatric services, all without leaving the house. By allowing patients to connect with psychiatrists and other providers without needing to physically visit an office, patients who may not be able to afford traditional care or who live in remote areas can access the care they need. It also allows providers to expand their services and offer care to patients they may not have been able to reach otherwise.
There are multiple benefits that come with telepsychiatry, including: It helps meet all the patient’s needs; and it is a convenient, affordable, and readily available means of getting professional health care. Additional advantages of telepsychiatry include:
• Readily Accessible — Unlike having to wait in long lines in clinics, telepsychiatry is readily available for patients regardless of their location.
• Affordable — Telepsychiatry is affordable as it cuts back on the cost of transportation, especially when traveling from rural areas.
• Reduces Emergency Trips to the Hospital — Being able to call a mental health professional for help when the need arises helps reduce delays in care and lowers the amount of visits to the hospital for related care.
• Allows More Treatment for More Patients — Compared to having appointments one by one, telepsychiatry allows doctors to treat many patients, including group therapies and family education.
• Can Be Used in Different Settings — Telepsychiatry allows patients to have their session and appointment in different settings, including private practices, nursing homes, hospitals, military treatment facilities, outpatient clinics, and schools.
Telepsychiatry, or the delivery of psychiatric care via videoconference, has been touted as the future of psychiatric care. Proponents say that it offers the same quality of care in a cheaper, more accessible format. While some patients benefit from and prefer face-to-face interaction, many others feel more comfortable meeting with a psychiatrist from the comfort of their home. Telepsychiatry is a highly effective form of receiving mental health care and can address a wide number of psychiatric conditions, including generalized anxiety disorder, postpartum depression, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. It is just as effective as traditional psychiatry, but saves time for both the patient and practitioner as it eliminates the need for transportation and long waiting times at the office.
Reliable Mental Health Services O’Fallon MO is dedicated to providing you with all of your telepsychiatry needs. We specialize in telehealth visits in order to provide care to as many people as possible; to book an appointment at our clinic, please call our office or setup telephysicatry consultation today. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from O’Fallon MO, Osage Beach MO, Kansas City MO, Springfield, MO, Chesterfield MO, St. Louis MO, St. Charles MO, St. Peters MO, Wentzville MO, and surrounding areas!